Bringing Landowners and Sportsmen Together
Edit Your Profile
Sign Up for FREE Membership
State DNR Websites
About Our Services
Submit Your Property
Land for Lease
Search by State
How the Bidding Process Works
Land for Sale
John Zito Jr
Land for Lease
Hampshire County, WV
Hunting and Fishing
Max # of Hunters:
Lease Period Date:
Available for Lease
5/22/2022 6:00:00 PM
Price & Bidding
To see the lease price or to bid on this property, you must be a registered member. Membership is free.
FREE Membership Registration
Login to view more photos & map
This one has it all. 930 acres in Hampshire County, located outside of Yellow Spring, WV. The property consists of 830 acres of timber, 100 acres of open fields and 3.5 miles of Cacapon River shoreline. Approximately 180 acres of the property were recently logged. There is good forest regeneration and access via the old skid trails and trails. NOTE - Approximately 30 acres around the residence and business are a no hunting area resulting in 900 acres of land for this lease.
* All legal game property – allowed within season. Photo of skull taken on the property on June 25, 2020.
* Fishing is available on the Hawk Run (Brook Trout) and the Cacapon River (1.25 miles) with Small Mouth Bass, Panfish, etc.
* Waterfowl hunting is available, but not permanent blinds are allowed.
* No Trapping rights.
* Parking available in two (2) areas. Both are accessed from Capon Spring Road. Both areas are large enough to park 10-12 RVs.
* Property boundaries are not clearly marked, but the land was surveyed and property corners are marked. The entire Eastern and about 50% of the Southern Border are along the George Washington National Forest. The Western boundary is Route 259.
* There are buildings/dwelling on the property, near Route 259, (Carpers Pike) on the Western side. These structures are associated with a business operation that is accessed via Route 259.
* No Food Plots.
* Climbing and Ladder stands / portable ground blinds are allowed and shall be marked with the owner’s name and phone number. All stands and blinds shall be removed at the completion of the season.
* ATV use allowed for hunting purposes only to drop off stands and recovery of game. There are currently open skid trails/dirt roads that can be used.
* Dry Camping is allowed in the parking areas.
* No cattle.
* All West Virginia hunting laws must be followed while hunting the property. Hunters are advised to check WVDNR regulation regarding transport of deer harvest.
* $2 million hunting liability insurance also included in lease price.
* Outfitters & Guides allowed.
* Respect to property and the owner is a must and the key to long term access.
* Best access is from Capon Springs Road.
* No Access is allowed on the last weekend of April and the last weekend of September.
* Hampshire County is a Chronic Wasting Disease Area and WVDNR CWD regulations apply.
All Legal Game
Waterfowl Hunting Allowed
Whitetail Deer Hunting Allowed
Turkey Hunting Allowed
ATV's for Hunting Purposes Only
$2 Million Hunting Liability Insurance Included
Commercial / Outfitter Hunting Allowed
Ready to Bid?
Don't miss out on this great hunting property.
Members Login to Bid
Sign Up for Membership to Bid*
Check out member benefits.
Go to Top
Contact the HLN Office
Contact a Representative
Credit Cards Accepted:
The Hunting Lease Network connects landowners and sportsmen from all across the country providing an internet-based service for landowners and hunters to find quality hunting leases.
How to Bid on a Lease
State DNR License Info
Become a Franchisee
Copyright © 2022 National Hunting Lease Network. Licensed broker Farmers National Company DBA Hunting Lease Network. For more information please contact
Farmers National Company
Website created by Web Solutions Omaha